happy Friday people! It’s almost labor day weekend. I will be staying in town, catching up on rest and working on my house. It’s also almost the end of August. I can’t even believe how quickly this month just flew by. SO MANY THINGS happened this past month, I don’t even know where to start. It’s like the whole year up until August was just business as usual, and then all of a sudden BAM everything happened all at once.
I would love to dedicate a separate post to each of the exciting things I’m about to share with you, but for now the bullet points will have to do until I have more free time.
- Abigail ended her summer internship and she bought me a “thank you” cake. What?! No, no…. thank YOU!
- I posted an ad on craigstlist for a part time employee and went through the interviewing and hiring process (I could write at least 3 blog posts on this topic, good gravy!) I have now officially hired my first part time employee! (Lisa doesn’t count, she started as an intern almost 2.5 years ago) I will definitely share more on the new girl soon – her name is Maranda,
- Because of the new hire, I had to find an accountant and I worked with a lawyer to switch from a sole proprietorship to a corporation. I am now officially “Steel Petal Press Inc” !
- I also set up payroll for the first time
- I had several very awesome, custom but rush orders this month. They turned out gorgeous and were very satisfying BUT did not make my life any easier
- I worked on my first CELEBRITY wedding
- I got my first order from Paper Source at the beginning of August, and now they’ve already placed a re-order (going out next week, so technically September – but I printed everything yesterday)
- Oh, and sometime last week my computer totally died. It spent 6 days at the Apple Store being repaired. It had been a month since my last back up which was super annoying, and I kept finding all these things that were missing from my back ups (ugh!) During that time I borrowed my hubby’s computer (I would not have been able to function otherwise) And Yes, my computer was eventually repaired for only $300! AND it was returned with my hard drive in tact. (double wheeeew!) I am now implementing a 3 way storage system. Computer, DropBox and External Hard drive.
So those are my updates for now! Have a great weekend everyone!